Check Out if You are Addicted to Facebook through Bergen Facebook Addiction Scale
Facebook has almost become a fad in our daily lives and not using it does not pass our day. Whatever we are about to do when we connect to the internet and get online, we always must log in to Facebook to get our latest messages, comments, links and what our friends have been up. It is a wonderful way to keep up with friends’ likes and dislikes and with what they have been doing and also to share with them what you like them to know.
The phenomenon if done in moderation is acceptable, but according to the experts, if this is something around which your day revolves, then you sure are addicted to Facebook. To find out if that really is the case, a psychologist in Norway has developed a tool to detect Facebook addiction. According to the academic journal, Psychological Reports, Dr. Cecilie Schou Andreassen shared results of her research project undertaken at the University of Bergen, Norway. The findings were something to be expected and came out as no surprise.
Generally, young people are more likely to be Facebook addicts and women are especially more prone than men. Also, those who have social insecurity are more readily addicted to Facebook social networking.
Here are the six statements you need to check according to Bergen Facebook Addiction Scale in order to check your Facebook addiction:
Specifically, the six statements are as follows:
- You spend a lot of time thinking about Facebook or plan use of Facebook.
- You feel an urge to use Facebook more and more.
- You use Facebook in order to forget about personal problems.
- You have tried to cut down on the use of Facebook without success.
- You become restless or troubled if you are prohibited from using Facebook.
- You use Facebook so much that it has had a negative impact on your job/studies.